SEO, Search Engine Optimization frequently asked questions.
Q: What is SEO?
- A: SEO is designing and managing a website in a way that makes it more easily findable through popular search engines. This is not done by spamming the internet with thousands of links, it’s done by building a visually pleasing, standards compliant website full of great content. Read More What is SEO?
Q: How long does it take to get SEO results?
- A: It may take a month or more to see any improved results and it may take up to 6 months to see noticeable results on search engine returns pages. It depends on local market competition. My Policy Page
Q: How do I get my site ranking well on Google search?
- A: Extremely abbreviated answer: Your website needs things like optimized code, sitemaps & analytics so Google can more easily understand it’s content. Use a CMS like WordPress that’s easy for googlebot to understand. Make sure you use a reputable hosting company with fast and properly maintained servers. And Have a small but fairly active social network. Learn SEO
Q: What does a SEO specialist do?
- A: An SEO specialist helps a website get better search engine visibility using QA(quality-assurance) and standards compliance of web based assets. Including market research, website code SEO, page-speed, mobile friendliness, structured-data and other considerations.
Q: How much does SEO cost?
- A: Asking Google this question leads one to information generally in the $500-750 dollar range per month and $150-300 dollars per hour for consulting work. My prices generally set the high end of this pricing range. My Policy Page.
Q: Why is my site losing rank on Google search pages?
- A: There are a number of things that could negatively impact your website rank in early 201t. These include mobile friendliness, website speed, AMP, neglected social presence, bad SEO by a former employee or other.